Buying a New Laptop! – Kids Coder Club
This is all in my humble opinion. Of course, if you are wanting to do any serious work for a specific area just browse what is recommended.
- To me, the brand doesn’t matter!
- Central Processing Unit – CPU Intel i5 or AMD RYZEN 5 upwards.
- RAM 8GB upwards.
- Storage: SSD if you are looking for better speed but you’ll pay for it. I personally don’t worry about the capacity as I use cloud storage. A child is not going to need large capacity and once they are in their teenage years should also be storing important data on the cloud.
Others might tell you about the below but to me for kids not that important:
Laptops sizes tend to start at 11.6-inches and go all the way up to 17.3 inches. Most brands and OEMS like HP, Dell, ASUS and Acer tend to offer three display sizes – 13.3-inch, 15.6-inch and 17.3-inches. However, some vendors do sell laptops that fall outside these sizes including 11.6-inches, 12.5-inches and 14-inches.
Obviously, if portability is your priority, you’ll want to go for a smaller sized Windows laptop. They tend to be thinner and lighter than their larger counterparts. Look for laptops that have a screen that is either 12.5-inches or 13.3-inches in size, and a weight between 1kg and 1.5kgs.
- Battery life – Don’t leave any machine plugged in when it is fully charged!
- USB 3.0 about 10 times faster than a USB 2.0.
- Screen quality – Not that important to a child or in truth to me.
- Keyboard quality – Not that important to a child or in truth to me.
Follow us on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/KidsCoderClub/